The pursuit of happiness... Figuring out LIFE and embracing it as it comes.

Saturday, May 31, 2008

City Of Angels


Krung Thep Mahanakhon Amon Rattanakosin Mahinthara Yuthaya Mahadilok Phop Noppharat Ratchathani Burirom Udomratchaniwet Mahasathan Amon Piman Awatan Sathit Sakkathattiya Witsanukam Prasit
.

That's actually the full name given to Bangkok or Krung Trep, which translates to "Great City of Angels, City of Immortals, Magnificent Jewelled City of the God Indra, Seat of the King of Ayutthaya, City of Gleaming Temples, City of the King's Most Excellent Palace and Dominions, Home of Vishnu and All the Gods".

It was due to King Rama 1, who back in 1782 decided that the name Bangkok was insufficiently noble for a royal city so he gave a much longer name thus making it to the Guinness Book of Records for the world's longest place name ever!

Most locals however, just refer Bangkok by just Krung Thep or "City Of Angels" nowadays.

Nevertheless, I left my heart in Bangkok. Went there on a tour recently, but was kind of frustrated as I had so many things I wanted to do but can't due to time-constraint from the tour itinerary.

SO,

I plan to go back and fulfill some unfinished business. Hehe..

1. Shop till I drop at Chattuchak
2. Visit the Grand Palace
3.Taste authentic Thai food
4. Treat myself to spa
5. Visit friends in BKK

Hope I can do it sometime soon naa!



Sawat Dii Kha...

I heart Bangkok!!!

No comments: