The pursuit of happiness... Figuring out LIFE and embracing it as it comes.

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Oh poor baby ;(

Got my car into a freak accident on Tuesday. It was a rainy day, at night. As I was driving back from work on Federal Highway, some guy in front of me skidded on the road and bang himself on the road divider. Tough luck. I managed to stop in time to avoid into crashing to his car. Phew. I breathed in sigh of relief. However I wasn't so lucky after all. The 2 cars behind me couldn't stop in time.

CRASH BOOM BANG!!!

I came out of the car and found my baby got hit from the back.

*Ouch! Mommy feel ya...


There's a HUGE dent at the bumper and the boot. Basically I would have to send my car to the workshop and get the WHOLE back replaced.

Anyway, came down from the car to see what had happened. Mind you, it was at night about 8.40pm, raining and I was all alone. My heart was pounding fast. I think to myself, "What should I do??" At that time, what was on my head was that I had to get the plat number of the person who hit me. And of course call home.

"Waaaa.... Mummy...... somebody hit my car....!!!!!!!"

To cut the long dramatic story short, I too
k down their details and made a police report the next day. Still in the midst of applying to claim insurance. Still pending as the police hasn't made available all the necessary documents. After all is settled, then I can send my car for repair at the workshop. Until then, I have to drive around my car with a dented backside.

Oh it breaks mommy's heart to see you this way...


Somebody told me it is a good experience (since it was my first car accident). My boss laughed at me, and said it is good as it "buang suey". Whatever it is, what I had to go through definitely taught me to be more independent as I had to settle everything by myself.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger right?


1 comment:

cheryl said...

Kesiantan nya....
jus read ur blog...
Haiz... my car oso kena accident actually- last mth... banged into da divider on da way back 2 ipoh... front part all gone... ='(
i feel 4u... seriously...
sigh...