The pursuit of happiness... Figuring out LIFE and embracing it as it comes.

Friday, November 14, 2008

Dip Date Dunk

Initially this was supposed to be a funny story... Turned out to be real and finally I blew it. Tell me what's new right? It happened on the dance floor (few months back). The night was great, I was dancing the night away. He then asked me for a bachata (me like) - it's a slower range of salsa. Body held almost closely, almost cheek to cheek. Lotsa hip movement. So we danced, it was good bachata. Then I heard him whispered to my ear, " How do you feel about a date?"
*GASP!*
Thousand of thoughts raced my mind: "How do I turn him down without hurting his feelings?", "Wow so random, I don't even know this guy!", "Umm... err... ahhhh..."
Then before I could even utter a single word in response to that.... *WHOOSH!* My head and upper body flung backwards and I saw the ceilling. Yup, I was led to a DIP. Then it dawned upon me, he was actually asking; "How do you feel about a DIP?" NOT DATE! Haha. How embarassing!!! Yup, that's me, prone to self-embarassment. And also oh-so-self-absorbed. But it didn't ended there. Several weeks later, he sent me a message on Facebook - asking me out. So it was a DATE after all! How bizzare/hilarious?!??
But sadly that hot date didn't happened. I turned him down cos I freaked out (smacks head). A complete stranger. Sounds interesting and intruiging indeed. But I wasn't comfortable with the thought of going out with a stranger. Although I know the idea of going out on a date is to actually get to know the person better. But what can I say? I freaked out... Shame on me. After that, I have not heard from him ever since. Sigh. Yes, there's a hint of regret. No doubt he seems interesting. Into salsa, Spanish, scuba diving and all that. (P/S: he's a PRO in scuba diving - he teaches them!). We shared few things in common at least. I wonder what would have turned out if I eventually went out with him on that date? Probably by now joined him in some amazing scuba diving excurssion. Therefore the moral of the story is next time, no more freak out.
It's just a date!

No comments: