The pursuit of happiness... Figuring out LIFE and embracing it as it comes.

Thursday, November 06, 2008

My Chic Bookshelf


Don't judge a book by it's cover. But this book's cover totally gives and the contents are insightful too. Some of the things you wouldn't thought of, i.e. "why do most of our milk come in the shape of box cartons and not cylinder like fizzy can drinks" and vice versa. Well it's got a lot to do with economics, that's for sure. I wish I had more time to read and enlighten myself with the principles of economics in interesting everyday lives, but I don't have the time -- so I keep it on the bookshelf first.

"Honey, wait for me... Mummy's coming!"


Well there was a promotion at Borders, 3 books for the price of 2. How good does that sound? So I grabbed these other two. By now, you would have noticed the books I dig aren't exactly found in the fiction area. I don't really read fictions, if I'm looking for fiction, I would watch a movie. As I rather invest in self-help books that are timeless and helpful. Duh. Haha. However the sad news is, they too are waiting for me from the bookshelf, staring at me, screaming: "READ ME!!!"



















Ahh... A Year In High Heels. This one is relatively new (the other 3 books were bought months ago!). Yes I admit I'm guilty of buying more books when I haven't even finish with the previous three. But it's so cute! All year round guide to fabulous-ness.. in high heels. Plus it has even a foreword written by Manolo Blahnik!



Jeng jeng jeng... I'm currently reading this! The title might sound controversial (definitely self-help). But this time, there is hope as I'm diligently midway through reading the book and not just skipping the pages, or select whichever page I want to read (I always do that to save time -- just read the middle or last part). I'm determined to finish reading my books! Just wishing for the best ambiance and setting to do so: at the beach! Oh how I could only wish... The perfect beach in my mind: white sandy beach, lying in a hammock, under a shady coconut trees, feeling the cool ocean breeze, while sipping my yummy pina colada, and hubba-hubba-ing at cute hunk-alicious guys (as eye candy) and of course reading A GOOD BOOK!

No comments: