The pursuit of happiness... Figuring out LIFE and embracing it as it comes.

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Celebration of self-love


"It's Valentine's Day and I survived the mall!!!"

2 hours of shopping at Sunway Pyramid (which I thought would be dreadful cause it's VALENTINE'S and so suck-y for singles to go out where couples are seen together holding hands, hugging, with flowers, gifts, etc)... turned out to be not so bad after all! I'm glad to know I've grown out of that dreadful V-day thought and embrace life as a single person. In fact, it is great to be single! I know what you are thinking: "only losers say that..." but heck guess what? I honestly don't care what the hell YOU think. I'm living MY life. Somethings I've learn about myself this V-day:


1. Self-dependent
It's good to know that I can be HAPPY just being with myself. Mind you, I was out there shopping alone (which I actually enjoyed) in a crowd of mostly couples (cause it was V-day, and they were selling flowers, teddy bears and chocolates everywhere!). Point is, I did not feel bitter, sad nor depressed. Indeed, I enjoyed being my OWN companion. Which goes to show
that I can happily stand on my own two feet. Hurrah!


2. Self-indulgence
What better way to indulge on V-day but with CHOCOLATES! Not just chocolates mind you, but Cadbury Chocolates from the UK! Thanks to Keith, I had the best-est chocolate indulgence (better than orgasm). The bad news: there is no turning back once you have had UK chocs. No more local chocolates for me, now that I've tasted heaven! Mmmmmmmmarvelous!

3. Self-reward
Shopping IS the best reward. Bought something I like for myself: CLOTHES. Got a pretty black satin top at a bargain. So proud of myself! Besides you know what they say... "when you look good, you feel good!" To top of my shopping experience, I got my happy dose of J.Co Donuts! My must haves ALL the time: Chocolate Banana & Peanut Butter! And today instead of Chocomint, I tried the other heavenly beverage, Caramelite! *slurp slurp* Mmmm.. delicious!

4. Self-discovery
I suck at bowling. BIG TIME! Earlier in the morning we had a bowling tourney among media. No extra points for guessing who was the loser. I was ranked among the top-10 LOWEST! It was the "longkang" for me most of the time - not even one strike! Horror sight indeed. Nonetheless, I had a great time trying NOT to throw the ball into the "longkang" and of course had a fun time bonding with fellow team mates (colleagues) and media friends. My unlucky strikes turned out otherwise as
my number 004 (Chinese believe that 4 is unlucky number: "sei" also means "die" in English) was called out for a lucky draw and I won a rice cooker. Cheh!

5. Self-love

"I decided long ago, never to walk in anyone's shadow,
If I fail, if I succeed,
At least I live as I believe,
No matter what they take from me,
They can't take away my dignity,

Because the greatest love of all,
Is happening to me,
I found the greatest love of all,
Inside of me,

The greatest love of all,
Is easy to achieve,
Learning to love yourself,
Is the greatest love of all... "

Song:
"The Greatest Love Of All" by Whitney Houston.

That would be my V-day theme song this year. To remind myself, I need to love myself, before I can love others. Self-love is not "selfish" or bad. When you love yourself, you will feel good about yourself, and you will feel better about the world. Thus this will make it easier to give love to others. Learning to love yourself may be the greatest love you ever experience and achieve!


No comments: