The pursuit of happiness... Figuring out LIFE and embracing it as it comes.

Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Dreaming Of A Dream


The clock on the wall shows it’s quarter to 5pm. 15 minutes seems like forever. Just as I was about to finish the last sentence of my report, he gives me another file to process.

“What the hell? I was already packing my bag and ready to go home for dinner with family.”

His seems to be mumbling though I can’t make sense of what he is saying as my gaze moved to a picture of a pristine beach stuck on my cubicle wall.

“Boy, can I have a glass of cold Pina Colada? I asked the shirt-less waiter who was holding a tray of drinks near the beach benches.

“Yes madam..” He replied as I put on my sunglasses and continued with the book that I was reading.

The salty sea breeze kissed my skin and the hammock moved along with the wind.

The sound of waves and birds chirping were so soothing that it made my eyelids grew heavier.

“I am freezing ALL your annual leaves as we are short of staffs this month. I understand you applied for leave the next 5 days but we are going to have to freeze those days honey. Sorry..”
“OH NOOOO…… I have already booked my holiday in Redang!!!”

“Madam.. Are you alright? Here’s your Pina Colada.”

“Oh thank you.”

Wow what kind of nasty dream was that? I shrugged it away as I sipped from my drink and continued my book. The wind blew even stronger.. I lost balance and my hammock overturned.

“BUMMP!!” I hit my bum on the floor..

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING ON THE FLOOR??” my boss asked.

“Oh I’m sorry.. What were you saying Sir?”

“I said you leaves have been frozen. You will work extra hours from now onwards!!”

“No extra claims. Think of it as for your personal development. Since you are still new, it’s good for the big boss to see you working hard.”

The clock shows 5.05pm. Oh well there goes my dinner plans.

No comments: