The pursuit of happiness... Figuring out LIFE and embracing it as it comes.

Thursday, January 29, 2009

(Don't) Kiss Me


Kiss me beneath the milky twilight.
Lead me out on the moonlit floor.
Lift your open hand.
Strike up the band and make the fireflies dance,
Silver moon's sparkling.
So kiss me.
So kiss me.
So kiss me.

*zip it*

But I won't let you kiss me...


- because we hardly know each other
- because it's only the second date (and it wasn't even consistent)
- because i don't kiss strangers
- because i don't trust you
- because i feel you're taking advantage of me
- because i feel insecure when i'm with you
- because i feel unsafe (that you would jump on me anytime)
- because it's too soon (if we are kissing on our 2nd date, imagine what happens on the 4th date?)
- because i'm a nice girl & you're a naughty boy ("bad boy, go back to my room now!")
- because i'm afraid you'd dump me after that
- because i might get heartbroken
- because it was at the cinema (supposedly comedy but it wasn't at all funny)
- because it wasn't even a romantic date
- because i would have rocked your world if you have waited around
- because you haven't earn it yet, honey
- because i need you to like me (not like to get inside my pants or mouth)

- because it's lust not love
- because you kept talking about it (now that freaked me out)
- because you are horny
- because i'm not cheap nor trashy (although i recycle)

- because you have a girlfriend? duh.
- because you are not my boyfriend
- because i need you to respect me
- because it doesn't seems right
- because it doesn't feel right
- because you don't deserve it
- because i deserve better
- because i'm worth it
("maybe it's Maybelline...")

I know I'm right and I should not feel guilty nor sorry for myself. I may have high standards, but this is MY life. Why should I settle for something less? The theory is that every date brings you closer to the right guy. Therefore the mission is to date 1000 guys *faint*

or die a virgin
*huarghh*

No comments: