The pursuit of happiness... Figuring out LIFE and embracing it as it comes.

Friday, January 02, 2009

Worst train ride ever!

I cannot sleep with lights on, noises and movements.
Found out during the train ride down to Singapore. It took about 10 freaking hour to reach! Sitting night coach mind you, NOT sleeping (as in night sleeper's bed coach). My worst night coach ever! I tried about 1001 sleeping positions, desperate to find the most comfy spot just to lay my head to sleep but no avail. Too many noise and movement distraction plus the lights were too effing bright. Think I may have twisted some neck/backbone as I twist and turned the night away. Wtf. Next time will take a bus/flight instead. At least cut short the travelling time. Or alternatively, just get the night sleeper's coach! Sleep is important man. 10 hours of sleepless night is no effing joke. I wished I could just to shut my eyes and doze away like the rest of the passangers. But I just couldn't. As a result? Eyes wide shut then next day. Dammit.



No more night sitting train for me please!

Note to self (next time when travelling): In order to increase comfort while travelling especially night coaches, bring along a sleeping neck pillow (at least!), sleeping eye pad (to block out the lights - tried wearing sunglasses, does not work), a fully charged iPod, munchies, water and a book is a must!


Sigh. Can't I just have a private jet next time?

No comments: