The pursuit of happiness... Figuring out LIFE and embracing it as it comes.

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Palate's Playground

Scrabble + Makan = Fabulous --> Scrabbulous!

It feels like home here. Well technically it is a "home-turned-chic-makan-place" called Palate Palette. Except mom wouldn't allow me to graffiti my wall so artsy-fartsy like them. Love the ambiance. Love the food. Love the drinks. This cute chair with fairy wings attached was particularly inviting. One cannot help but feel gay (I meant happy) dining here.


This chair is so me!

This one has been one of my fave makan & hang out spot. Not my first time but with different company most times. Well me thinks Palate should give me commission for introducing the place to my friends! I'm very tempted to skip to desserts but let me tantalize your palates with the main course first...


No, not this one..



Clockwise from top left: Chicken Lasagna, Chicken Chop, Ginger Creme Brulee & Dark Chocolate Cheese Cake

Chicken Lasagna with leek bechamel (trust me, I have no idea what leek/bechamel is, but it's good)


No, it isn't beef either. It's chicken chop with corn & ratatouillie (apparently that's a name of a vegetable dish & not a rat!)

And here comes the most anticipated part: desserts! The highlight this time has got to be this baby, Dark Chocolate Cheese Cake! T.D.F = To Die For! Rich cheese cake covered with dark chocolate sauce. Not too cheese-y as it was perfectly balanced with the slightly bitter dark chocolate. Scrumptious!


Perfect cheese + choc combo!

Oh I just can't resist!

Would definitely consider throwing a party here especially upstairs where it's oh-so-gorgeous. Even more artsy-farty walls/decor/paintings with cuter chairs/lounging areas. Perhaps my next year's birthday which falls on 10-10-10. It has to be special ehh?? *fingers crossed*

No comments: