The pursuit of happiness... Figuring out LIFE and embracing it as it comes.

Monday, June 25, 2007

Mr. R: "You gotta loose some weight..."

Oh. My. Gawd...



Can you believe it? I could not believe my ears when Mr. R said I have to loose some weight first when I told him today that my dream is to be a newscaster on TV. Well so what?? Everyone can dream... He just gave me the weird look and said: "You gotta loose a few pounds first..." OUCH!!! The rest of what he said, I do not wish to disclose here. It's too gruesome and heart breaking =( If he wasn't Mr. R, and not the expert in the field, I would have told him off or worst slap him upside down. But come to think about it he's right. But it's unfair la... I told him that, "and how come you don't have to loose weight???" Men, they are not judge as much as women on TV. He said TV is very cruel. If they're just looking for looks and depriving people who are really capable, then yes they are. But then again, it's TV, looks DO matter. It's the whole package. Well probably TV's not for me then? What kind of message does the media want to send to the society?



Big boobs? Big ass? Big hair? Big dreams is all I got =P



Mr. R word of advice was, "remember to keep you feet on the ground, but never stop reaching for the stars.."



Ok that advice was for something else.





Anyway...






But then again, what is beauty? Can somebody tell me? To me: Beauty is skin deep. I thought I was beautiful, but just today somebody asked me to loose some weight, cut my hair, change my glasses, shape my brows, and make me up in a way that my face looks sharper because apparently I have a fat face too. Wah, TV is very very cruel... *sob sob* Just look at the people on TV. Newcaster/TV hosts. You can hardly find an ugly host/newscaster. Especially TV hosts who with Pan-Asian's looks. They aren't necessarily fantastic at what they do either. So what exactly it takes to be a newscaster? My only chance now would be on radio, only heard and not seen =) Hope it'll work for me...


Haha, that is, however another story of it's own. Today we had one-on-one training session. After almost 2 hours of sitting with Mr. R, I felt sooooooooo STUPID. The English which I very proudly speak every single day of my life, which I thought I knew it all (all this time, all this while emceeing and deejaying in English, my English) suddenly became an alien language all together. Nobody has ever pointed to me till this day. And then there was dipthongs. What's that??? I was thinking some latest line of G-string or beach thongs. My problem was DICTION. I can't pronounce certain English words correctly, in fact most of them. And I have a tendency to roll my tongue =P I was adviced to go home to learn up my ABCs and 123s. How embarassing!!! The real/proper English in news reading is different, though it sound oh so natural, but trust me it's different, and you can't just simply pronounce 'em words as you like otherwise you'll be banned from going on air... Like me =(



Oh please don't give up on me...



So again, we were treated to tea break today. This time it's mee goreng, instead of bihun goreng. Haha, with teh tarik of course. My God. Asyik makan aje, sejak start kerja nie... I told my boss, every since I entered the company; BESSAR, I sudah bertambah-tambah "BESAR". I complained to Mr. R, if we continue doing this (non-stop makan), how on earth can I loose weight??? Gosh, the temptation, plus it's FREE!!! He told me not to eat and excersice instead, and then he nicely whacking there. Adoi... Felt guilty after that, the moment I reached home I took the skipping rope and skipped a hundred times. Not to mention my feet still hurts from wearing heels to work. OUCH!!!


God, please help me to loose weight. So that I don't have to be a newscaster, I can be a supermodel instead. Hahahaha... In my dreams la, and in your dreams as well =P


Well, other than the reality shock I got from work today, my day at work was unbelievibly BORING. Doing NOTHING. It felt like a cyber cafe because we were at the computer room most of the time and my colleagues were surfing the internet, chatting away on msn/ym and playing musics. Well aparently our equipments are not ready yet and so are our real chic office upstairs (still under construction: coming soon). So at the moment we're left on our own, which I find so un-productive. Suddenly today I felt no mood for karaoke this Thursday because don't feel like I have achieved anything worth celebrating. No seriously. So am hoping for a more productive day tommorow.


Hmm, now what should I wear to work tommorow...???



Something black to "make me look slimmy"?

No comments: