The pursuit of happiness... Figuring out LIFE and embracing it as it comes.

Saturday, June 23, 2007

A start of something new..

Well since I'm already in the business of writing/journalism, an appropriate blogspot is just what I needed and yes to practise my written "England". Bah! But gosh it me took soooooo long to set up this damn blog space. Yes, yes I admit I'm a comp idiot. I even had a previous blog post about how much I hated blogging, what not setting up a decent blogspace. I was so caught up with the details, trying to set up a really cool one and I can never be satisfied with it and so I gave up in the first few attempts. Sheesh. But anyway, this would be a start of something new....


So what's new? Journalism is.. to me.


So here I am, being a science student ALL my life, after just spending the last 3 years of my life in uni, studying and majoring in Chemistry (gosh,can't believe I survived it!) and now I'm all new and fresh embarking on a journey of self-discovering in a national news agency! Everyone had the same expression when was told that I'm a chemist, their shocked eyes go wide open and they would ask "why?". Haha. I just tell them I had no chemistry with chemistry, that's all. And my passion is actually in the media.. communications. I love talking and using my voice, so I hope I can explore more of what else I can do in the radio station. We're working on launching the first ever all news radio station, and I'm so glad and honoured to be part of it. Pioneer group bah.. My colleagues are nice, my boss is such a nice man, we all love him. And boy, every since I started work 3 weeks ago, our working culture is makan, makan, makan.. Morning break, lunch break, tea break (sometimes it's even free; our official food is fried bihun and tea)! Thanks Pak Openg =) They really take care of us la.. Maybe they're feeding us now so that they'll slaughter/squeeze us out later! Haha.


Currently we're still training, and the best part was all the field trips ever since day one! We've been to other radio stations, courts, and even went camping! Boy it was fun =) For now... Real work has not yet begun, so enjoy while we can!



There was visitation to the Palace Of Justice and it was also my first time listening in to a court hearing~witnessing NOT testifying, accused or whatever ok. I'm innocent!


Then there was team building in Agropark. Great time splashing in the "teh tarik" river water!



And of course new friends made =) We even have guests who comes to visit us to share their experiences in their fields. My fave was when Adrian Seet came to visit. He's the newcaster for TV2. Gosh he's such a pretty boy!



Hehe, here comes the naughty part. As a journalist, you're supposed to ask questions. So i believe that if the person is HOT, all the more reason to ask.. A LOT *grinning* Chief Operating Officer (COO) of Suria FM, Engku Emran. Eligible bachelor; young, rich, cool and oh so cute. Of mixed parentage: Malay+Chinese+Indian. I should have asked for his number as well. Dang!




Oh well, one thing's for sure ain't new. The MAN-HUNT! Hahaha.. Here's to interviewing more hot guys in the future. And to whatever Bernama has to offer me. I'll take on this journey with much pride and integrity (wah).


Oh yeah our training will be coming to an end real soon. The graduation day, would be karaoke-ing this Thursday, our boss belanja-ing us. Heheh. I found out many of my colleagues also loves singing and not to mention posing for pictures! Hah! So here's to a start of something new. Cheers!



No comments: