The pursuit of happiness... Figuring out LIFE and embracing it as it comes.

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Charlie Chuckster

Weeks passed by working at Bernama can sometimes be quite boring... until Charlie Noble came to town! Woo hoo... Eye candy! Yes, I admit I like Caucassians. Not because their white, just different. I especially like their dry sense of humour =) So during the 1 week he was here (he flew back his homeland last Friday), I got the chance to talk to him.. the very most I can. Yeah I asked him a lot about where he came from, that is Illinois, in the States. Well he's based in Quincy, works for Broadcast Electronics who was sent to train us how to use the Audio Vault. From the conversations we had, I came to know he's 28 years old, married, with 3 kids. Dang! He looked much younger though, and very friendly. While others could not really relate or get his jokes or even his thick southern accent, I get him.


He made friends with Peter, the audio intern who apperently also studied in Chicago University and lived in Illinois before. He's such an arrogant boy lah. A Malaysian Chinese but speaks with American accent. Claimed that he can't really speak BM. Bah! Nevermind him, I only wanted to talk to Charlie. Hehe. We chatted twice during makan time. First time, just got his details. That was when he broke the news that he's married. He wore like the biggest wedding ring on his left fourth finger. Like as though he needed to stress to everybody that he's happily married. Sheesh. I was amazed he could actually take all the spicy food that was served to him. Chilli, curry, rendang and all. When asked whether he takes spicy food, he said he loved them. Where he come from they have lots of Mexican food (his fave) which are also very hot and spicy. And not to mention Buffalo wings. Super HOT! Wow, not bad. Mat Salleh pun tahu makan pedas-pedas.




Second time around was more relaxed, I kept asking him to try out the durian. Haha. He almost wanted to take the cab out just to get durians to try. But nobody wanted to take him out. Except me. But my boss was there la, nanti he thinks bukan-bukan or it wasn't an approprite at that time. Sigh. Not very convinient also lah. We gave him a lot of descriptions of the king of fruits, i.e. "smell like hell, taste like heaven." Which made him think twice whether to have it or not. Haha. I have to admit we over exaggerated lah... After everyone left at lunch, I stayed on to talk to those 2 boys, Charlie and Peter. We even talked about how taboo it is to use the word: nigger in the U.S. Charlie almost choked when I asked him about it. You should have seen his shocked reaction.As if I have said the worst thing ever. Haha. I couldn't have offfended him. Can I? He's not even black! He's so white with dirty blonde hair. But he did warned NOT to ever use the "N" word. It's such a big no-no in the U.S. Nigga is still acceptable but never nigger. We talked, we laughed. I asked him "how's my hair?", he said "it's lovely." Haha. The hair "question" just popped out of nowhere while the others were asking about Peter's hair. Like Korean hairstyle. "The hair" is at far left.




Smile. Group picture! In this picture, Charlie looked like an intern. Hehe. Notice the oddest one out.




Later that day, we met with some media. Haha. But only a few turned up. Ala biasa lah... So what do we do? We cam-whored. Love this picture! Macam kanak-kanak riang =)



And the awards for best flower girl goes to.........

Ah such posers!

And finally.... scandalous!

No comments: