The pursuit of happiness... Figuring out LIFE and embracing it as it comes.

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

I want it and I want it now

Yeah, that's me. I want so badly to anchor news that it shows. Wrong attitude. Today I finally met all the part-time anchor whom Mr. R hired for newsreading. Some were familiar faces and voices from radio and TV. Words of advice I got from people who have been in the business for a long long time:
Don't be so uptight lah.. Take your own time and pace. Learn to pace yourself. Let things happen at their own time. BREATHE AND RELAX. Enjoy what you are doing right now (BJ) and focus to be good at it first before doing other things. Adrian commented that from the 1st day he saw me, he noticed I was very passionate and enthusiastic (ok maybe a bit overly) about this. Like I wanted to do so many things. And I want to do it all. Yeah maybe it's true. Be patient and learn as much. He took 5 years to be good at what he's doing now. He reads for TV2 English news. Sigh. So I have to wait??? Well I just dislike waiting........
I don't have 5 years! I need to know is this my field of work... I'm still exploring, finding out and discovering the media world that I once sooooooooo wanted to be part off. And yet.. on the other hand, Korea still awaits. Only until September. Decision has to be made soon. Either I break or Dr.Kannan + Dr.Pauzi breaks. Somebody is going to get hurt.
Nizal advised me not to be too emotional, too passionate and too excited, otherwise you appear overzealous and will tend to overdo. It has to be done with style. Elegance, sophistication and grace. So you do not appear like an uptight crazy nut waiting to explode, but humble and yet full of substance. Style, personality, character. He's one of a kind lah... Hosted Malaysia Hari Ini (MHI). Magnetic personality. Looking at him makes me happy, because he is always so happy and excudes such radiant.
Finally something that Mr.R quoted that stayed in my mind.
"Always reach for the sky, but don't forget to keep your feet on the ground..."
Ok. I will take their advises and try to follow them. But I have to admit it's hard to surpress the feeling of wanting it (and wanting it so badly). Everybody has dreams and goals right? So this is mine. I am very passionate about wanting to anchor and read news. But I don't want to appear to be so uptight also lah... Life is too short. Must enjoy life. Learn and work my way, from the bottom-up. There's so much to learn! Right now I am a nobody.

No comments: