The pursuit of happiness... Figuring out LIFE and embracing it as it comes.

Sunday, July 08, 2007

What a week this has been...


The time now is 11:36 PM and I'm just about to start my homework. I'm suppose to write news stories on all the assignments that I have covered for the past 1 week. I must say I'm very verrrrry lazy to write. In fact I'm more of a talking person rather than a writting person. But I think tommorrow is the deadline la.. How??? Ah.. Malas la. Anyway these are some of the assignments that I covered and supposed to write about:


Monday
(Topic: Economy)

The signing ceremony between Swee Joo Bhd. and Ships Classification Malaysia (SCM) at Shangri-La Hotel, Putrajaya. Minister of Transportation, Dato' Seri Chan Kong Choy was also present.

Things were so new for me, since it was my very 1st time out on assignments. I was more quiet and I observed more of what people do. Sometimes I even hear myself: "Oh, like that ah..." "Hmm, I see.."


Tuesday
(Topic: General)

1. National Population Conference and the Launch of POPnet (LPPKN) at Reinessance Hotel.

2. The launch of Creativity and Innovation Club (CIC) at the Grand Seasons Hotel.

3. The launch of Pantai Breast Care Centre (one stop centre for breast cancer/disease treatment) and Pink Ribbon for Life Campaign (the campaign on breast cancer awareness) at the Pantai Medical Centre.

General stories are amazing as you get free food, special treatments and really nice goodie bags. The best one I got so far was a beautiful shawl, when attending an event organized by the Ministry of Women and Family Development. I saw Dato' Seri Sharizat twice that day. Whatever that her ministry handles be surprised with very nice gifts. Best part: delicious free food.


Wednesday (properly pronounced as "Wenz-day")
(Topic: Crime)

Follow up on the paedophile case that happened in Kampung Baru. Latest case was the kidnap of Suci Ramadhani.

Crime cases are always adrenaline rush. Like this one. When there's a scoop, we go hunting for it. Really feel like a reporter. Interviewing the witnesses and public. Tiring, walk a lot, no time to eat, a bit scary at times but definitely learn a lot.


Thursday
(Topic: Court)

The Altantuya case at Mahkamah Tinggi Jenayah, in Shah Alam.

Boy court cases are so boring. I almost doze of during the morning session. But things got more interesting in the afternoon session where the acccused, Sirul Azhar Umar was called to witness to the court. His testimonies were confusing, but the Q&A sessions between the witness and lawyers were interesting. I saw Abdul Razak Baginda too. And his daughter, Rowena. I wonder why she carries a walking stick around. Her legs seems fine to me. Hmmm..... Apparently my colleague told me she saw me on TV3 news that night. She saw my back and my side. Not my backside ok Mr.R!!!


Friday
(Topic: Sports)

The announcement for the nominees for the "Hall Of Fame" and Asian Sports Award at The Westin Hotel.

The last event after that was a general event. Means more makan! It was during the launch of the logo for mamogramme subsidy programme. Boy the food was good, buffet style, so I pigged out. And then I came back to the office right after, with one of my colleague asking me, how come I looked "berisi" already after not seeing me for awhile. Ouch! Sigh. No more food for me. I'm going on a diet!


Oh no. The time now is 12.38 AM. I'm going to bed. Homework not done. Ahhhhh... Procastination. I'll do it tommorrow. And now for some precious sleep.


ZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzzzZzzzZZzZZzZZz

No comments: