The pursuit of happiness... Figuring out LIFE and embracing it as it comes.

Monday, July 16, 2007

Survey Day

I'm exhausted and my feet are killing me! Today the whole day I was out doing surveys for our upcoming radio station, Radio 24. We went to KLCC (it seems that ever since I started work, that's the place I've been hanging out quite often). Oh boy, it's not easy to do a survey inside of KLCC, every corner there's security! And apparently they weren't very happy about us going around asking people questions/survey. Haha, for a moment I felt like a fugitive. Security ronda-ronda around, on their walkie-talkie probably saying "watch out for a suspicious girl with a yellow file going around approaching shoppers. Over." Damn that yellow file!!! Such a give away to my disguise. Bah! The security was nice enough to tell us nicely to not do it inside of KLCC. So we moved on to the outside of KLCC. At the park, at the waiting area, at the entrance... That was okay. At least still get to ask people around for surveys. But the worst part was speaking to mostly smokers, because we were outside of KLCC where smokers tend to go out awhile for their regular smoke break. My God... For almost the whole day I had to endure the cigarrette smoke. It got to my eyes, it got to my throat, and I guess some got inside my brains too, which explains the probability of thousands of dead brain cells in my head now T_T
So the moral of the story is, no more surveys for me please... Didn't really enjoyed it lah.. Not really my thing. At least not anymore. I used to work as sales promoter in hypermarkets where I had to stand whole day asking people especially aunties-aunties to try out my product i.e. Campbell soup, Colgate toothbrushes, Cadbury hot chocolate drink, Nestum drinks, etc. Enough of all that lah... Tired lah... Everyday faced with leceh people and rejections =( Don't get me wrong, I like people. I just don't like begging/persuading. So today's "Survey Day" is so-so lah... I only manage to get 21 people to answer my survey questions because I had to explain from the beginning; who are we and what is the radio all about. Talk so much only got 21 people. All the saliva spitting, just for 21 people??? Dang! We started around 1pm, went for lunch after awhile and finished at 5pm. Our team (3 of us) all together managed to get 60 feedbacks. But now really damn tired lah...
Actually today I was hoping that I can practice news reading (after so long being neglected). But since we were assigned with jobs to do outside of office today, have to do it lah... Wah today everybody at the office seemed busy as hell. Not helping was the new office that was NOT egrodynamic for working purposes. At least not for 19 people. It was seriously too small, too confined and too stuffy. One can't help feeling claustrophobic. What more to think out-of-the-box when the office itself is as BIG as a box?!? The air was thick and stagnant. So not good for health. But then again, BJs (that includes me) will be most of the time out of office on assignments. Sigh. As for me, I really really want to be an anchor. Not really a broadcast journalist (BJ). But if that is what I need to go through in order to gain more experience, I guess have to lah... But if BJ, then have to do it in B.M. That is another problem. I just want to train in news reading everyday at least a few minutes so I can learn and improve. But at the moment, nobody is available to attend to me =( Mr. R is soooooooo busy lah... How can he train me??? He say only he want to train me. And now I am left with high expectations. Waiting. Anticipating. Like a small kid being promised to the fun-fair, and then it never comes to pass. Putting high expectations can be very depressing if not met. Even the smallest matter, because the mind has already focused on what it wants and refuses to accept anything else, can be disturbing sometimes. So what now to do??? Do not expect anything at all.

No comments: